General Poultry Keeping
Information on health, wellness, nutrition, housing, and more of your flock. If you are looking for more information about a specific poultry type, please visit those separate categories.
Day Old Poultry Care and Resources
- Shatter Resistant Bulbs May Harm My Chickens?
- How to tell the difference between cornish cross chicks and white broad breasted turkey poults
- Poultry Identification
- Unboxing Your Chicks
- Brooding with a brooder plate
- Can I Place My New Chicks With a Broody Hen?
- Handling Chickens With Safety In Mind
- Brooding And Flock Accommodations In Hot Weather
- Make a DIY Foot Bath For Your Flock's Biosecurity
- Do you have recommendations for a local poultry processing facility?
- Biosecurity for your Backyard Flock
- Leg Band Size Chart
Nutrition - Feed, Treats, and Supplements
- Helpful tips in the event of a feed shortage
- Do I need to Give My Chickens Oyster Shell?
- Poultry Feed Guidelines
- Feed Options Explained
- Feed Storage
- When Should I Provide Grit To My Flock?
Diseases and Illnesses
- How to find your university extension
- Why and How To Perform a Poultry Necropsy
- Avian Cholera
- Infectious Bronchitis in Chickens
- Fowl Pox
- Blackhead Disease in Poultry
Selecting A Breed or Poultry Type
4-H, FFA, and Teacher Resources
- What Is The Standard of Perfection?
- Glossary of Poultry Terms
- What to Know Before Ordering Poultry for Your 4-H Project
- Do You Offer A 4-H or FFA Discount?
- I Would Love Someone To Come To My 4-H/FFA Meeting. How Do I Request That?
- What Is the ChickQuest Program for Teachers?